We’re proud to have partnered with Community Foundations of Canada and the Government of Canada to deliver the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) in Whistler.
Launched on May 19, 2020, we’ve invested $40,000 through the ECSF, plus an additional $5,315 from the Whistler Emergency Fund, towards local charities and qualified donees supporting populations experiencing heightened vulnerability during this crisis. We are pleased to announce the ECSF has supported projects including:
- $5,000 was invested to fund Whistler Adaptive to provide an additional COVID related measure to continue valuable sport activities that improve the physical and mental health of participants;
- $10,000 was invested to fund Zero Ceiling’s Work2Live program to provide an added layer of COVID related support systems that are needed to continue healthy eating, social connections, job searches and mental health outreach;
- $10,000 was invested to fund Howe Sound Women’s Centre (HSWC) to host Girls Summer Camps focused on healthy relationships, building friendship and community, empowerment, improving self-esteem and sharing stories and experiences in a safe, confidential and supported environment;
- $4,500 was invested to fund Sea to Sky Community Services for Whistler and Pemberton Better at Home to provide vital transportation, for clients, to appointments outside the community they live in; as well as recruiting and training volunteers who will be providing the transportation;
- $9,500 was invested to fund Whistler Community Services Society to provide laptops to expand much needed outreach services to include virtual meetings.
- $6,215 was invested to fund Whistler Multicultural Society to establish new outreach channels and partnerships, and adapt the outreach peer educator training to an online environment, in order to build greater awareness and access for vulnerable immigrants/TFWs to settlement support, information and services provided by the Whistler Welcome Centre (WWC).
Whistler Community Foundation has granted the full funding available to our community through the ECSF. Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting applications.
Since the start of the pandemic, charities and non-profit organizations have been leading the charge to assist those who need it most in the fight against COVID-19. We know the need for funding is still significant. If you would like to be notified if any additional funding becomes available through ECSF, please fill out this form.
We invite you to follow Community Foundations of Canada’s website for further updates as well.