Whistler’s Longest Standing Celebration
Help Find Whistler's 2022 Citizen of the Year
Established in 1969
The Whistler Citizen of the Year Award keeps outstanding community builders front of mind. Whistler Community Foundation is honoured with the task of selecting the annual recipient of this prestigious award.
The Whistler Citizen of the Year is an outstanding community builder who contributes significant volunteer time to enhancing the quality of life in Whistler. This individual demonstrates extraordinary leadership and community service outside of employment. Well-respected in the community, they inspire others with their caring and positive attitude and spirit of cooperation.
An eligible candidate
- is an individual – couples must be submitted as two individual nominees
- may live outside of Whistler, however each candidate will be reviewed solely on their volunteer contributions to the Whistler community
- may be of any age
- is recognized for their volunteer contributions
- volunteers their time, outside of the realm of their employment, in one or more activities or with one or more community organizations
- demonstrates a positive attitude
- works respectfully with others in the spirit of cooperation
- is an exemplary leader who displays honesty and integrity
- has made a lasting impact on a variety of community members or aspects of community life
- continuously inspires others to give to the community
The Whistler Citizen of the Year award is presented annually at the Whistler Chamber of Commerce Whistler Excellence Awards.
Karin Kausky accepts 2021 Citizen of the Year at Whistler Excellence Awards
The Nominees for 2021 were Stella Harvey, Yoann Barelli and Karen Kausky.
In the video, Nancy Wilhelm-Morden of Race & Co. presents Whistler’s Citizen of the Year award nominees and winner at a second online Covid-friendly 2021 Excellence Awards.
Nominees & Winners of the Citizen of the Year (2014 - 2020)
2020 Winner Dave Clark
2019 Winners: Keith Reynolds and Pat Montani
2018 Winner: Steve Bayly
2017 Winner: Heather Paul
2016 Winner: Cathy Jewitt
2015 Winner: Anne Townley
2014 Winner: Sue Adams